Thursday 17 August 2017

Why changing is so difficult?

             This question is part of my daily life. When an organization approaches me to change their manufacturing system and I suggest some steps to do it, this question arise into my mind. We want everything to be perfect but we are resilient to give our efforts in process of change, many of people approaches me for implementation of lean see me as the magician who with no effort can change the things around. This makes me think that why people don't have that zeal to change themselves? I am still trying to find out the reason behind it though I have heard and figured out few reasons. 
           Primarily what I see as reason for reluctance is human psychology to not to leave their comfort zones, though those comfort zones are causing them losses or harm people don't want to come out of it like an addict. They don't want to come out of it to see something new, for them it's good to be behind time but not good to leave their atmosphere where they feel they are unbeatable.
            Another reason from my view is their insecurity, many people feel that current system and set-up is just for them and if anything happens to this they may loose their importance. This thing I have seen mostly in people of my region working as factory in-charges. This let them bind into same old inefficient mechanism, where they work too hard but nothing progressive.
             One more reason I came across is laziness, there are people who love the change in things around them but they don't have that passion to do, they expect some miracle to happen. Well I find majority of people around me in this category. We always praise governmental systems of Europe or Middle east but when same guy is asked to walk to dustbin and throw garbage into it, he will simply deny and throw it anywhere. For the centuries we have this mindset, we wait for 'Avtars' of God to change the society, we waited 190 years for Britishers to leave our nation instead of constant resistance.
            Now what can be done to change this mindset of reluctance to positive change? Well answer from my side is change in current system of education and strong will at core of politics. In current scenario both options sound nearly impossible as there will be many hurdles to do so. But our nation needs it, we are people with higher logic and to nurture that logic we need institutions and infrastructure.I wish within span of a decade we can see these changes or else I must say that I will do something from my side to contribute in this.
            Friends I would be happy to know your views on it, do share what you think as I believe that healthy discussions are platform for big ideas to evolve. 

4 comments:

  1. I can give your answer...first of all ..whatever seems to us is not always truth..
    If u have approached an organization for lean ..first of all see their managrment system it may happen that people work zestfully..but there can be poor management system...ofcourse,you are not magician...but atleast don't blame people without knowing the truth
    So one free advise for u if u want change in organization which u have approached...u must be able to see where is fault????it may happen there is fault at top management level...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Well it's not about blaming a person or group of people, it's about mentality of a mass. And yes importantly what I have written about my experience is an example so I know how to deal with such situation, by the way thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said. Reasons are pretty much all the same everywhere. The implementation of the solution is the most difficult part.
    All the best wishes for your drive for THE CHANGE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading my comment
    Change is unchanged rule of nature..whatever i have written was my experience.. I have seen there are such type of organization in which peole who work there..want to adopt new effective system..people work zestfully..they came out from their comfort zone..but top management don't want to change..top management don't want to come out from their comfort zone..i have seen employees are ready to adopt the effective system..they request top management to adopt effective system for organization but top management denay to adopt effective system...infact top manangement says that whatever is going on let it be don't change anything..and here comes work mechanisam..i have shared my personal expeience to u..
    Change is neccessary..some times people fails..some times top management fails...
    Hope u will not take my comment personally..whatever i have said it was my experience..
    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete